OFFICE OF THE DISTRICT PANCHAYAT OFFICER , MAHABUBNAGAR :
After re-organisation of the Mahabubnagar District, it has (25) Rural Mandals and (1) Urban Mandal therein (468) Gram Panchayats grouped in (278) Clusters.
District Panchayat Office Overview:
- The main objective of the District Panchayat Office is to control over the Gram Panchayats administration and guidance to the Gram Panchayats like Sanitation, water supply, Collection of Taxes and Non taxes and Street Lights in the District.
- The department also ensures that to give capacity building trainings to the Sarpanchas and Panchayat Secretaries and other GP Staff in the Gram Panchayats.
- Gram Jyothi:- The Government of Telangana has launched a Prestigious program in the year August – 2015, Grama Jyothi, to make every Gram Panchayat as Model Gram Panchayat.
Functions of the Department:
- The Panchayat Raj Department mainly focuses on Sanitation and Water Supply in the Gram Panchayats in the District to prevent epidemic diseases and water borne diseases and to manage good health and hygiene of the public.
- The Panchayat Raj Department also ensures that collection of Taxes and Non-Taxes in the Gram Panchayats by their executive authorities to achieve 100% Tax Collection.
- The Panchayat Raj Department gives all kind instructions and guidance to the Gram Panchayats in their development.