DEPARTMENTAL ACTIVITIES OF WOMEN, CHILDREN, DISABLED, SENIOR CITIZENS WELFARE DEPARTMENT MAHABUBNAGAR DISTRICT :
- In Mahabubnagar District ICDS Projects are (7) functioning with 1889 (Main-1736, Mini-153) Anganwadi Centers.
- Arogyalakshmi programme Under Arogyalakshmi programme or One full meal programme in 1889 AWCs of ICDS Projects of Mahabubnagar( R), Mahabubnagar(U), Maddur, Jadchelra, Devarkadra, Makthal, Narayanpet started w.e.f. 01.01.2015. 11180 pregnant and 11751 nursing mothers are provided one full meal spot-feeding with Rice -150 grms, Daal – 30 grms, Oil – 16 grms, Milk – 200ml, Vegetables – 50 grms per day and 30 eggs per month for an amount of Rs.21/- per day per beneficiary.
- Balamrutham:- 50811 number of 7 months to 3 years children are provided with Balamrutham of 2½ Kgs packet and 16 Eggs per month per beneficiary.
- Hot Cooked Meal :- 37663 Children of 3yrs to 6yrs covered are provided spot-feeding with Rice -75 grms, Daal-15 grms, Oil- 5 grms, Vegetables – 25 grms and Murukulu 20 grms per day per beneficiary and 30 eggs for each beneficiary for one month for an amount of Rs.7.26/- per day per beneficiary.
- Children Home:- There are one children home located at Mahabubnagar with sanctioned strength 60 poor orphan and semi-orphan children are provided with food and education with Rs.750/- for 1st to 5th class children. At present strength is 34.
- State Home:- There are one State home is running since 1961 with allotted strength of 75 women who are economically poor, destitute women are providing food with an amount of Rs.2000/- (Diet charges) per month for each inmate and cosmetic charges [at]75/- per month for each inmate. Trainings are given to the inmates tailoring, beautician, embroidery work. And present strength 30.
- Working Women’s Hostel:- There are one Working women’s Hostel running, In WWH Allotted 80 working women, private employees, trainees of B.Ed. and D.Ed trainees are provided food and accommodation with minimum charges. At present 60. Rs.1300/- (per month) are paying by the womens who are residing in the Working Women’s Hostel.
- DV Act:- Out of 1592 cases 552 cases have been mutually compromised before the Protection Officer and 840 cases are forwarded to concerned courts and 408 got final orders and 432 pending for want of justice under DV Act.
- Shishugruha:- Shishugruha started in Mahabubnagar by the District Collector on 16.08.2010. The main objective of Shishugruha is to take care of neglected and abandoned children and provided with shelter, food, medical and different facilities for their survival. Present 14 children admitted in shishugruha. The repairs of shishugruha and children home were taken from the funds were sanctioned by the District Collector.
- Integrated Child Protection Services (ICPS):- The District Child Protection unit is started and functioning from 1st December, 2011. DCPU rescues the children from Child Labour, Missing Children, Runaway, Relinquished abandoned, Child Marriages and neglected children and to handedover children to their parents and admitted in Children Homes, KGBVs, Welfare Hostels, Juvenile Homes etc., In this year DCPU rescued 306 children from different areas under smile muskan programme and there are 51 Child marriages were stopped.
- One Stop Centres (OSC):- One Stop Centres (OSC) building is sanctioned and construction is going at Govt. Hospital premises. MOU made with Aman vedika, Hyderabad. Recruitment is completed. It will be inaugurated in 2nd week January,2018
- Child Care Institutions:- Out of 9 NGOs for registration 8 registrations were completed.
Welfare of Disabled & Senior Citizen’s :
- Sanction of Pre-matric scholarships to the disabled students of 1st to 10th
- Sanction of Post-matric scholarships to the disabled students for Inter and above courses .
- Sanction of Marriage incentive Awards to the persons who married with disabled person.
- Sanction of subsidy under Economic Rehabilitation scheme to the disabled persons.
- Supply of Aids & Appliances through TSVCC like try-cycles, wheel chairs, crutches, blind sticks, daisy players, laptops and motorized vehicles.
Progress in 2017-18
|Sl.No||Name of the Scheme||Budget Received||Expenditure incurred||No.of Beneficiaries||Remarks|
|2||Marriage incentives||90,50,000/-||82,00,000/-||164||Bill Submitted to DTO|
|3||Economic Rehabilitation||12,50,000/-||12,00,000/-||25||Under process|
- Through TSVCC:- Try-cycles-25, Wheel Chairs-1, Cructches-55, Hearing Aids-7 are distributed. Proposals were submitted to head office for 16 motorized vehicles, 11 laptops, 8 smart phone, 1 battery wheel chair to distribute to the disabled persons.
- Conducted senior citizens day on October month.
- District Senior Citizen’s Committee constituted.
- Local Level Committee constituted.
- Maintenance of Tribunals will be constituted shortly.
- Sanction of sound library:- The District Collector has sanctioned sound library for VH students. Will be started shortly.
- OH Hostel:- 40 students are residing in OH hostel.
- SRD:- (14) Gr-IV posts and (7) class-IV posts of backlog under process to fill-up with disabled persons under notification of SRD 2016-17.
- Disabled Games:- The games for disabled persons were conducted in view of World Disable Day i.e. 3rd December, 2017. 300 PWD persons participated in 6 events and Distributed prizes to winners and runners.
- Orphanage Homes:- 2 Orphanage homes are working under NGOs management. One is at Jadcherla another at Balanagar.
- GP Level, Mandal Level and District Level committee were organized for picking up of mentally retered persons on 21/12/2017 by the District Collector.
- The Disable assessment camps are conducting at Mahabubnagar, Devarkadra, Jadcherla, Maddur, Makthal and Narayanpet from 31/01/2018 with the aim of giving Aids and Appliances to need Disabled persns by Alimpco.
- The birthday of Louis Brailee was celebrated grandly on 04/12/2017.