Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Updates: Mission Kakatiya>> **** HARITHA HARAM>>>> Guidelines ** Nursaries List **** MICRO-IRRIGATION>>>> Beneficiary List****** Proh. & Excise>>>> Inf & Contact Nos.**

Tourism Places

Gadwal

Pillalamarri

This is situated between the rivers Tungabhadra and Krishna over an area of about 800 sq.miles. After the fall of the Warangal Andhra dynasty in the 14th century, Gadwal transferred its allegiance to the new Bahmani kingdom. According to the family history, Pedda Veera Reddy, Peddanna Bhupaludu, Sarga Reddy, Veera Reddy and Kumara Veera Reddy ruled Gadwal between 1553 and 1704. During the reign of Nizam Ali Khan Asaf Jah II, the Martha's gained power in certain parts of the Deccan and started collecting 'chouth' or 25% of the revenue known, as 'Do-Amli' are the double government of the Nizam. Raja Sitaram Bhupal died in 1840 and was succeeded by his adopted son, Raja Sitaram Bhupal II. Nizam VII bestowed on him the title of "Maharaja" and he died in 1924 and was survived by his widow and two daughters.

Gadwal-Chennakeshwaralayam

There is a famous historical Temple called Chennakeshwaralayam where Lord Venkateshwara was prayed by ancient rulers of gadwal & still a great carnival is celebrated every year. It was built by the Rulers of Gadwal sansthan & is situated within the Gadwal Fort as a great historical evidence.




Kollapur

Kollapur

Kollapur smasthan with a large area spanning most of the nallamala forest area on the banks of river Krishna. There are traces of architectural treasures from 2nd century B.C. in this samasthan. Still you can see hundreds of ancient temples, which were built before 1500 years ago. Kollapur Samasthan played a considerable role in Nizam's era.

Kollapur-madhana gopala swamy Temple

Kollapur

The Madhava Swamy temple at Kollapur was originally built by the 16th century A.D., on the left bank of river Krishna , at Manchalakatta. The architecture of the temple is exceedingly beautiful. All around the temple walls , the beautifully carved sculptures depict the 24 aspects of Vishnu and Dasavathars of Vishnu. Various pillars supporting the mandapa, the Garudalaya, add beauty to the temple complex. Due to the submergence under the Srisailam project reservoir, this temple was shifted and transplanted at Kollapur. This temple is located 180 km from Hyderabad and 110 kms from Kurnool and Mahabubnagar.




Wanaparthi

Wanaparthy

This is situated in Mahboobnagar district with an area of about 640 sq.miles. The Rajas of the Samasthans were closely associated with the QtubShahi kings. The early Rajas of Wanaparthi kept on army of 2000 infantry and 2000 cavalry. On 17th March 1843, the title of "Balwant" was conferred on Raja Rameshwar Rao as a mark of honour by Sikander Jah. For administrative purposes the Samasthan was divided into two taluqas namely "sugar" and "Kesampet" under to Tahsildars. The "Maharaja" died on 22nd November 1922. He was survived by two sons, Krishna Dev Rao and Ram Dev Rao. Recently this family represented in the Indian government after Independence.

Go To Top